Friday, September 1, 2017

Buddy Walk 2017

Cincinnati has the largest city-wide Buddy Walk in the country. It is always a wonderful sight seeing the large crowd, knowing that all of those people support individuals who have Down syndrome. It always warms my heart and makes me feel like Gabe's future is bright with all of this love around him. This year's theme is "the year of the parent". It's kinda silly really....I've been there every year....and, isn't that the responsibility of the parent? I know what they are getting at though. Being a parent of a child with Down syndrome, or any special need really, is harder in some ways. It takes more patience and more time. Some days are hard, but some days are wonderful. Some days his delays seem really significant, and other days, he has breakthroughs. It's quite a journey of ups and downs, but every step of the way has bettered us. Bettered us as parents, and as people. So for that, I will take this honor of year of he parent, because of the hard work I put in, but more because of the wonderful rewards I've gotten out of it. Never give up on Gabe.



No comments:

Post a Comment