Sorry it has been so long. We've been super busy with weddings, baby showers, wedding showers, and outside fun. Gabe has been doing well. He was Baptized last Sunday. He was actually Baptized in August in the hospital, but last week was the official stuff. We've been doing lots of therapy. Gabe's pecs are incredibly weak, so we are really working on him moving objects to midline and activating his upper body. You really need your pecs to get into any type of crawling position. Poor Gabe just hates being on his belly and using those chest muscles. Hopefully he'll realize that using these muscles will help him. We have also gone to the Down Syndrome clinic at Cincinnati Children's Hosp. to get some extra therapy from the speech therapist on feeding. Gabe did great with a vibrating spoon. Who new that spoon would make such a difference. He still doesn't like the cup, but he's averaging a good 4-5 Tbsp a day with the spoon now. One step closer....
One year ago today, I found out I was going to have a child with Down Syndrome. After all the tears and struggles, look at the cute little guy I've been blessed with. He makes me smile everyday.
He sure is cute! Looks like he's doing great!!
ReplyDeleteOh where do you get one of those vibrating spoons?? Maybe that will help Beau.
ReplyDeleteJust want to continue to encourage and commend you and Justin for all the really hands on work you do with Gabe, and how invested you are in his development. I know many family's who feel so overwhelmed by the extra work of caring for a child with a special need that they can't do what you're doing. It's so awesome to hear how you all are putting that work in. I know, only as someone who works with parents and children with special needs, that it's no piece of cake. Keep rockin like you do!! Thank you so much for sharing the challenges and the triumphs :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute!
ReplyDeleteAdorableness!
ReplyDeleteComing home on Sat (day before Mom's day). I would love to see you three!