Monday, October 9, 2023

Back to normal-ish

 Gabe is doing great. At his follow up appointment. The doctor was very impressed with his progress. The before and after pictures were pretty amazing. He still has some restrictions till the end of November such as no climbing, jumping, gym class, etc. He’s not going to break though. He starts physical therapy this week to work on back muscle strengthening. He started back full-time school today and did very well. It’ll be exciting to see him establish a school routine and progress throughout the rest of the semester.

I’ve learned a couple things throughout this whole ordeal. The strength of Gabe is pretty amazing. The body heals in awesome ways. We are surrounded by some wonderful and amazing family and friends who step up and support us. It really takes a village not only to raise kids, but to get through life when it gets hard. Self-care is so important. I tell myself this, and I’ve told others this, but rarely actively take the time to do it. Over the past six weeks, I’ve been to the doctor, the chiropractor, got a massage, and most importantly, I got over seven hours sleep every night for five consecutive weeks without any sleep aids. I’ve reduced alcohol and caffeine intake. I’ve gone to the gym. I feel healthy.

Now the key is to keep up some of those good habits as the chaos of life and work start back up. Gabe started back to full school days today and had success, so I start back to work tomorrow. I’m extremely thankful to have the opportunity from my employer to be home with Gabe during this process. The family medical leave act is a wonderful thing.  

Now back to our new routine. So proud of my family.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.