We had our first Pediatrician visit yesterday. Gabe is up to 7.45 lbs. which is a big relief to me. The doctor thought he looked great. He does have a little bit of a hernia that will need to be followed, but she was really happy with his tone, palate, color, etc. Breastfeeding is still a challenge, however, I am starting to see improvement. Gabe has about 2 periods a day when he is really awake and alert. During those 2 periods, I have gotten him to breastfeed for at least 20 min. which is huge. When he's tired or not opening his eyes, he screams, but those two times a day when he's into it are keeping me motivated. Special thanks to Stephanie for the support and to Sara for helping out yesterday. I was able to sleep in some and feel pretty well rested today. The doctor gave me permission to let him wake me up during the night for feedings as long as I'm feeding every 2-3 hours during the day. Hopefully this will get him on more of a day/night schedule. While Gabe hates having his diaper changed, he loves bath time.
Friday, July 17, 2009
week 1 update
We had our first Pediatrician visit yesterday. Gabe is up to 7.45 lbs. which is a big relief to me. The doctor thought he looked great. He does have a little bit of a hernia that will need to be followed, but she was really happy with his tone, palate, color, etc. Breastfeeding is still a challenge, however, I am starting to see improvement. Gabe has about 2 periods a day when he is really awake and alert. During those 2 periods, I have gotten him to breastfeed for at least 20 min. which is huge. When he's tired or not opening his eyes, he screams, but those two times a day when he's into it are keeping me motivated. Special thanks to Stephanie for the support and to Sara for helping out yesterday. I was able to sleep in some and feel pretty well rested today. The doctor gave me permission to let him wake me up during the night for feedings as long as I'm feeding every 2-3 hours during the day. Hopefully this will get him on more of a day/night schedule. While Gabe hates having his diaper changed, he loves bath time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Michelle, Gabe is adorable! Hang in there, things will get better and a routine will start to settle in. Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteFinally a day to catch up and figure out this blog thing! You have taught me so much Michelle! A big welcome to baby Gabe and a big hug to you and Justin. I can't wait to meet the little guy. He is beautiful! Remember we are close by if you need anything. Hope to see you soon.
ReplyDeleteHappy to have helped! Please let me know if you'd like me to come over another day or two next week. I'll call Tuesday to see when I can bring over some yummy deserts :)
ReplyDelete