Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas pics











Gabe is doing well. I've noticed lots of improvement with lifting his head during tummy time. In general, he has been very happy. He sleeps really well at night. I'm trying to work on a nap schedule. All I want is for him to take a morning and afternoon nap. Even 3 one hour naps would work. He just wakes up after 15 minutes if I lay him down. I think he gets tired more frequently b/c he has to work hard with his low tone. This makes him take cat naps....at least that's my theory. Any recommendations on how to get a kid to nap longer than 20 minutes without you holding him? I'm trying to rock him, put him in his crib and leave the room. When he wakes up, he doesn't cry, he just plays and is wide awake and then he gets tired an hour later. I can't complain b/c he is sleeping 10 hours at night and usually doesn't really wake up. Napping would just be nice to give me a break to do chores, scrapbook, read, etc.


Aunt Andrea came over this week and took some pictures of Gabe for the Christmas card. He was so cranky. He was tired, then hot, then hungry and the smiles were few, but he was still cute. Here are some that are good, but were not chosen for the card.




9 comments:

  1. Better watch out, it looks like he's ready to tear into that present in the last picture. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lip in the first pic! He has changed so much since he's been out of the hospital-he's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, that one of him pouting is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he was not happy. Love the pics though. He is looking great and so healthy and big. I have no real advice on the nap thing as Wysdom sleeps in the day but it's never scheduled. You are right it's almost like little naps. We have a bouncy chair that he like to swing his leg in and rock himnself to sleep. Maybe something like that with a rythmic movement would work. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures of Gabe. I am glad he is doing so well. Gabriel slept the same way for quite a while. We found that he would sleep just as good as if we were rocking him if he was placed in a cradle swing. One that goes from side to side not front to back. I don't know if you have tried this yet but it really works well for Gabriel. I can get him to take a hour nap with out holding him finally. It is so nice to be able to get small things done while he is sleeping. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!! SO adorable! I love the pouty lip picture!! Bobby's fav is the second to last santa hat photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that lip! Micah loves to do that too.

    Christmas jammies are in a mailer and I'll hit the post office tomorrow. So be on the lookout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so freaking cute! Doug and I hope to see him Sun or Mon after Christmas (I think we'd like to see you guys, too).

    ReplyDelete
  9. if you figure out the sleep thing you will have to share. Sophia has ALWAYS refused to nap unless it is on someone. We have given up trying. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.