
Thanks to Aimee at Aimee's Bowl of Cherries for nominating me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. This blog has been one of the best ideas I've had. Thanks to all those who read my ramblings. Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award
2. Copy the award and place it on my blog
3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award
4. Share 7 interesting things about myself
5. Nominate 7 bloggers
Here we go!
7 interesting things:
1. I am a nurse at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. I've worked there for 8 years now, 7 as an RN. I took my nursing boards the week of my 21st birthday. I've always wanted to be a nurse. I work in an Endocrine/Diabetes Clinic.
2. I was very sick as a child....mainly as an infant. I was 3 months premature and weighed only 2.2lbs...I got down to 1.9lbs. I had many complications, PDA, bacterial spinal meningitis, RSV, jaundice, gavage feedings, etc. I had PT as a toddler and had casts on my legs. When Gabe was so sick I kept telling myself that he hasn't been through anything I haven't been through (other than the Gtube). We have matching scars from heart surgery (except mine is horizontal). I was pretty tiny.
4. I am addicted to the Food Network. I watch it all the time. I really like to cook and thanks to my mom and the Food Network, I think I'm pretty good at it. Justin sometimes makes fun of me for watching Iron Chef.
5. I love to be outside. Oh how I am craving Vit. D in this yucky grey month of Feb. I missed not being outside much this past summer. I can't wait for the weather to get warm again. Gabe and I will be going to the park and going on walks and haning out in the babypool out back. Hopefully Justin and I will get some hiking and canoeing in too.
6. Growing up, my family had theme week once a year. That week, my mom would make mexican, italian, german, chinese, etc. for dinner every night during the week. Each night was a different ethnicity. We played music, ate, and drank that country's cuisine. It was great. I've had theme week once since Justin and I have been married, but I think I'll have to keep it up at least once a year.
7. Justin and I met 6 years ago at a bar called Soupie's listening to an 80's cover band called the Rusty Griswold's. We try to catch them live in action about once a year. They're so much fun!
I'd like to know more about:
1. Bo and Geneva at Hudson Bradford
2. Stephanie a A Beautiful Life
2. Stephanie a A Beautiful Life
3. Amy at The Fledge Farm
4. Erin at Gabriel (I give you a pass if you don't do this since you are due any day)
4. Erin at Gabriel (I give you a pass if you don't do this since you are due any day)
5. Jenni at A Little Something Extra For Us
6. Sasha at The Wonder of Wysdom (I know the Stevenson's put you down for this as well and I believe you've been nominated before, but just in case I'm wrong, I had to put your name down. Your blog is very heartfelt and you have given me great support the past 7 months)
7. Andrea at Baby Dreams (this is not a DS blog, but it is a great blog of our close friends and their journey of having a family. Gabe can't wait to meet his new buddy!)
A blog post isn't complete without Gabe. Check out the new pics of little man! Just ignore Justin's guiness pajama pants.
I love to read the 7 interesting facts about people!! Interesting you were premature and look at you now.
ReplyDelete