Sunday, June 7, 2009

Can you really call a boy Cash?

After we had the first ultrasound, Justin lovingly began referring to the baby as "the cashew", saying things like "how's the cashew been feeling today?" (meaning, how's the morning sickness). Overtime, this has shortened to Cash and has stuck. Everyone calls this baby Cash. I think I'm the only one that will refer to him as Gabe. It is incredibly cute, but hopefully he doesn't have too much confusion over what his name is.
Yesterday we went to an ice cream social the Down Syndrome Association had. It was the first time I'd seen all these kids together and playing. I felt a little emotional at first, but felt a little better as I talked to people. All the kids seemed to be having a blast. The parents all seemed to know each other and were very supportive. One family was telling us that their two and a half year old daughter just started walking last week. They were saying it with such pride...as such an accomplishment. I think it my eyes I still saw it as a delay. I'm hoping my way of thinking will switch over. I'm sure it will with my child as I go through the journey with him.
I started having Braxton Hicks contractions last week. I've had 10 so far today. There isn't a real pattern with them, but I have spurts when they are frequent. It kinda makes me nervous. I have a feeling this baby will be born early....I just hope not too early.

5 comments:

  1. Dude, every time you mention something I have to look it up. I now know about Braxton Hicks contractions, Tina would be proud. Are you drinking enough water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm chugging water every second. They've calmed down some this week. Have I mentioned my belly is huge? I think his foot is lodged under my rib.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle and Justin,
    I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Erin, I am the mother of our little Gabriel (BoogaBoo in our house so NO Cash isn't so bad). Gabriel was born August 20, 2008. He was born with with a complete AVSD as well. He had surgery on February 6th and is doing amazing.
    Congrats on your upcoming little one. He is going to have the best name ever! I just want you to know that you are not the only one out there in the big world going through your thoughts and fears. If you every have any questions please feel free to ask!
    Erin Purdy
    email - erinelisepurdy@gmail.com
    our blog - gabrielupdates@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, My name is Amy and I am the mom of three, the youngest who has down syndrome. Her name is Mayson and she is 3 years old. I wanted to Congratulate you on the upcoming birth of your baby boy. He will give you so much joy!. His ultra sound likes adorable!!
    you can follow our journey at
    http://theflegefarm.blogspot.com

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your little boy! I happen to love the name Cash, actually. I think it sounds really strong. Any hope of naming him Gabriel Cash?

    Y'know I've always thought that if I were going to move somewhere simply for the Ds support, it would be Cincinati. You're very fortunate as they always seem to be doing great things there.

    My little girl will be two on Friday. Come check out our blog if you like.

    All the best to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.