Had a nice weekend. I did lots of shopping. We didn't take Gabe to Thanksgiving. He will just be getting his first round of immunizations this week (you have to wait 8 weeks after heart surgery). We didn't want to risk it with all the stuff going around. Justin and I traded off so we each got to eat some food and see our families for alittle while. Gabe's oxygen monitor was reading lower oxygen sats again on Thursday. It just didn't make sense. It was 94% and then when he woke up it was 92%. Other than a little stuffy nose, he looked great. So I turned off the machine, changes the probe site, disconnected then reconnected the probe to the machine, turned it back on and held it tight against his foot. It then read 100%. That's right...we have a box of crappy probes. I should have done all this earlier in the week when he was reading low, but with him having a little cold, I wasn't sure and obsessed over the numbers. So turns out he's just fine and we probably didn't even need to go to the pulmonary doctor earlier this week. Live and learn. First Steps therapy starts this week. I'm excited. I really want to start working towards Gabe eating thru his mouth.
Looks like someone's neck is getting strong! So adorable!
ReplyDelete