Monday, August 10, 2009

1 step forward

Gabe's echo came back with some improvement today. His ventricles definitely still aren't where we want them to be, but they have improved some and I'll take it. They tested his adrenal glands and they are normal. They also sent some blood work looking at enzymes to give us more clues as to what's going in with the weak heart pump and they are still pending. They moved us out of CICU today and we are now on A6C. It's nice to be able to have visitors and food in the room again. Speech and OT also came by and tried some tastes and he was able to take 10ml by mouth before looking stressed and that is a big improvement from Friday. They'll probably do a swallow study and sleep study sometime this week while we're waiting for lab results. They will also probably do another echo at the end of the week and hope that it shows even more improvement.
I went to Lactation today and they gave me some herbal medicine to increase my milk supply. They also told me that I've lost alot of weight very quickly and need to eat more regularly and increase my protein. So, for those of you who have offered to make us food (cough cough...Rachel), I'm to the point where I will graciously accept.
Keep thinking good thoughts everyone...I hope we're on the right track. This is crazy rollercoaster and I'm ready to get off!

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! So excited to hear of the improvements. Food is on the way :) Would it be okay to ring you tomorrow? I'll try. Have a good night. Hugs all around ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news!!!! I am so happy for you and Justin let me know when and where i can help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to hear things are looking up a bit. I keep obsessively checking the blog for updates! I am happy so many people are able to be there for you all, I will keep thinking good thoughts from the Beege and see you in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how wonderful to hear he is improving!! still keeping you all in my prayers. If you ever need to talk.. i am just an email away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew he'd feel better after seeing me. :)Glad to hear good news! We're thinking about you guys constantly. We'll be back this weekend, so make a list of stuff we can do for you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.