Wednesday, August 26, 2009

ugh...I'm tired

Doctor's visits are exhausting. I went to my OB today and got clearance for normal activity. I now no longer have any excuses for not mastering the hills of Fort Wright with a stroller. She also was nice enough to waive the cost of her cord blood collection since medical bills are expensive (even if you're only paying co-pays and meds for now). I then rushed to Gabe's cardiology appointment. The fluid accumulation settling around his liver has improved some thanks to diuretics. His work of breathing is a little better, and his oxygen saturations are in the lower 90's instead of the high 80's...these are all good things. He still has really bad refulx, so they gave me a Rx for Reglan...here's to hoping. His weight was up a little bit and he's now at 8lbs 13oz. This isn't as much as they want, but at least it's up. I went out last night and exchanged my regular similac for Similac sensitive, only to realize when I tried it today that it has a gritty kind of texture when it is fortified to 26cal and it will not go thru a nipple or feeding tube. What a waste of $30...back to regular Similac. Hopefully Reglan works. They also drew some blood work to make sure Gabe's heart is perfusing enough oxygenated blood to his digestive track and other organs and that's not the reason for the vomiting. I hope the labs come back okay. The ventricles are still an issue. There is no good reason for their poor pump function other than that he is still recovering from whatever event he had at the beginning of the month. I'm the type of person that needs a good reason. If the ventricles would improve I feel like alot of my worry would be gone b/c they could then confidently do surgery without giving me a bunch of what if's and maybe's and we don't know's. All these unknowns are testing this worrier's strength. Gabe is crazy cute. He was a very good little boy for the docs today.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that the appointment turned out good and that his stats are up and he is breathing better. I know from experience that dropping sats and breathing issues are not fun at all.

    Wysdom is a reflux baby too. We are on domperidone and zantac. Each day is different but it does make it somewhat of a challenge though. Best of luck and I hopes Gabe's calms down!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are recovering well Michelle and that Gabe's weight is up. You are such a trouper, and so is Gabe. I'll continue to pray for you all, specifically that you can find the best way to manage Gabe's reflux and that something gets sorted out with the ventricle issues. Definitely let me know if you want company for a morning or early afternoon walk - Devou is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.