

We are meeting with the surgeon tomorrow to go over the surgery, recovery, and risks. We've known about the heart surgery for over 5 months, but it's still so hard. Handing him over to the surgeons on Thursday may just be the hardest thing I'll ever have to do. The big "what if" just hangs over your head....especially when babies in rooms all around us seem to be disappearing. I keep telling myself that he just has to be okay...even with all his complications and crazy quirks. Too many people are hoping and praying for him, he just has to be a success story. The world needs his cuteness! Everyone think good thoughts on Thursday!
Michelle, he looks so peaceful laying there with you! What time is the surgery on Thursday? Sending him extra prayers this week! Love you al!
ReplyDeleteThe world definitely needs his cuteness! Matt and I will be praying extra hard for all of you on Thursday and everyday. Go Gabe!!
ReplyDeleteOh my. I didn't know it was going to be so soon. I am sure he will do fine. He is a fighter, just like my son Wysdom. Yes we had a few bumps in the road with recovery ect. and yes it was hard for me. BUT we made it and he is like a different baby. He smiles non stop and has tones of energy. You can look on my blog via the labels under heart surgery and there is a section that I wrote on "what I learned from heart surgery" if you care to read it. It shares my tips on what things to look for to avoid any further complications. I will be thinking of you guys and sending prayers. Bring lots of stuff to do while you wait...we had books, sgames, family and friends as it took 9 hours for Wysdom'e surgery. It helped keep me busy and sane. Best of luck and I will be checking in on you often to send {{hugs))).
ReplyDeleteUncle Ryan wanted me to send Gabe hugs, kisses and Goodluck for him on Thursday :)
ReplyDeleteWe will be praying extra hard for Gabe!! We hope he has a quick and speedy recovery.
ReplyDeletePraying for Gabe and his surgeons!! You've got a tough little guy there, he'll do great!
ReplyDeleteI'll keep obsessing over him. Will be home next weekend the 10th-12th and would love to see you all.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying that everything goes well on Thursday! I will be thinking about you guys! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHe's a strong little guy! We're thinking about you all the time. Let me know if there's anything I can do.
ReplyDeleteLuke and I just found out that the surgery is tomorrow!!! All of you (the surgeon,too) will be in our prayers for sure. Please call if you need anything or want to talk. Before I knew Gabe's surgery was tomorrow, I had picked a little something up for him at Target...you have been on my mind. May God bless you and keep you all very close to HIM the next few days and always! Missy Hail
ReplyDelete