Sunday, August 16, 2009
We're home!
We were discharged Friday afternoon. There is still no good reason for the poor ventricular function. He looks so good clinically, they are thinking it corrected itself. Maybe it's a miracle. They are going to do another Echo in Cardiology clinic on Wed. Gabe still has the NG tube. We give him a bottle and whatever is left after he is done, we put down the tube. He has to take 70ml per feeding. The tape makes his poor little cheek so red. The home health nurse came by today and his weight is up and he looks good. Hopefully the medications and feeding tube will buy us some time before surgery to fatten the little guy up. He definitely has his days and nights confused, but that problem now seems minimal considering what we've been through. He's been very alert and playful lately which tells me he's feeling better. Gabe wants to smile so bad...he's close.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a blessing! (happy dance) So thrilled for you all :D I have another meal to bring over - hope you like strombolii and pumpkin muffins :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! Great to hear this. I have been thinking about Gabe a lot and praying that things got better. My son has an ng and avsd. The ng really helped him gain weight for heart surgery..he got chubby. I am sure he will give you a smile soon as he is home now!!
ReplyDeleteIt's a good thing he's cute. That's all I'm saying.
ReplyDelete