Friday, September 18, 2009
We were so close...
We were so close at going home and then Gabe decided to misbehave. His oxygen saturations are all over the place. They want him to be between 85-95% and with his tracheomalacia, he's all over the place. He was in the 90's on 1/4 a liter, so we turned him down to 1/8 a liter. He then stayed in the upper 80's so we turned him off. He then dropped to the 60's about 5 minutes later. He was put back on 1/4 a liter and came up to the 80's and then he dropped to the 50's right when they were rounding. They put him up to 1/2 liter and he came back to the 80's. He's still on 1/2 a liter and he's 94%. He makes no sense. The biggest concern with sending him home is that we can't be titrating oxygen all the time. I could do this if I have to, but I'm suppose to be his mom, not his nurse and other people who watch him would not be able to or should do this. So because they cannot give us a set amount to program his oxygen tank to, we cannot go home. Pulmonary will be coming by again. They may move up the sleep study to mid next week. I think it's really just time to fix his heart....so does the Cardiologist on service. They were suppose to discuss this today, but because his Cardiologist is out of town, it will be discussed next week with the surgeons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can only imagine how frustrated you must be because I am pretty frustrated for you! We're keeping the prayers going for the three of you every day. Love you all.
ReplyDeleteAh, the poor guy. I'm sure he's bummed about not getting to go home too. We'll keep praying for you all. It's gotta be frustrating, but at least there's somewhat of a clue as to what's causing the issue. Love to you all!
ReplyDeleteIf you can't bring baby to the fish cave, bring fish cave to the baby! Or something like that. Miss you guys!!!!
ReplyDeleteoh that's too bad. Hopefully soon
ReplyDelete