I copied the following poem and link from some of the other blogs I read. I had to share the wealth. Justin and I are going to try to make it to the Buddy Walk on Saturday depending on how the baby is doing.
Down Syndrome Creed
My face may be different but my feelings the same
I laugh and I cry. I take pride in my gains.
I was sent here among you to teach you to love,
As God in the Heavens looks down from above.
To Him I’m no different; His love knows no bounds
It’s those here among you in cities and towns
That judge me by standards that man has imparted
But the family He’s chosen will help me get started.
For I’m one of His children so special and few
That came here to learn the same lessons as you.
That love is acceptance; it must come from the heart.
We all have the same purpose though not the same start.
The Lord gave me life to live and embrace
And I’ll do it as you do - just at my own pace.
Wedding Link: http://andycamphotovideo.com/scarritt-bennett/josh-bernadettes-wedding-at-vanderbilts-scarritt-bennett-chapel-in-nashville/
Michelle-that is beautiful! Gabe is so blessed to have you and Justin as his parents-and the blessings that he will bring you will be as countless as the stars. Just imagine all hearts you all have touched even in this short time! You remain in my prayers-Marianne
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful poem & a wonderful perspective. I enjoyed reading the blog about the couple who got married. They are a very cute couple. We're still praying for Gabe & the both of you everyday. Stay strong!
ReplyDeleteMichelle, thank you for sharing that beautiful poem. The newest picture of Gabe is truly that of a beautiful sleeping angel, he continues to answer all of our prayers everyday by his improvements. Always keep the positive improvements in your foremost thoughts, and if there are any negatives, put those out of your mind. I firmly believe that God looks at all the positives and keeps blessing us with more abundant positives. I know it helps me to not think about anything negative,and I don't allow anyone to think anything negative, and then I am Blessed with only good and positive things in my life. If there is anything I can do for you, Justin or your family, please do not hesitate to ask!! Gabe, Justin, you, Mildred and Marsha are always in my prayers everyday, several times a day. Take care of each other and leave the rest up to God, He will always be there and always listens to our deepest thoughts and prayers! God Bless you!! Cheryl Saalfeld
ReplyDelete