
Gabe is doing a little better today. We had a scary desat in his oxygen levels last evening and they had to bag him some. They put him on some nitrous oxide to help with his pulmonary hypertension. His fever broke. Throughout the night, he stayed stable. They are weening his oxygen down a little and letting him have one full "good day" before they touch anything else. His left ventricle has improved some and is now mild to moderately diminished in function instead of severely diminished. Gabe has required lots of medications to keep him sedated. This happens alot in babies with Down Syndrome...they're such fighters they fight off sedation. His heart rate dropped to the low 100's which is now a little too low. They're watching it close and think it may be this way due to him getting so much sedation. Poor little guy...what a fight he's going through. I just want to hold him.
Michelle, I can only imagine how much you want to pick him up and hold him and make this all better for him. But even though you can't, he can feel you there,he can feel how much you are fighting right along with him and how much you love him. I think you and Justin are remarkable parents and Gabe is one lucky little guy to blessed with you both. Love you all, Michelle
ReplyDeletePraying for your sweet Gabe and for God to give you the strength you need. I hope you can hold your sweet baby real soon!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear he's doing better. We're thinking about you guys a lot. I'm around and unemployed, so let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
ReplyDeleteHi,I am thinking and praying for you. Yes I know this is the hard part. However you are right-our little ones are fighters!! Glad to hear that the fever broke and at least he is sedated and revovering and getting his strength now. Wysdom thrased alot the first coule of days and they had to increase the sedation and give different types to. Thanks for the updates.
ReplyDeleteThank's so much for the updates. He's such a strong little guy! We'll keep the prayers goin', and expect the healing to keep comin.
ReplyDelete