Monday, October 5, 2009

post op day 4




I feel like Gabe has made alot of progress today. His ECHO showed great improvement with his ventricles and the repair looks great. He has "mild to trivial" amount of leaking around his mitral valve. His chest tube and left ventricular wire came out today. They also started giving him very tiny amounts of formula through his Gtube. His heart rate is up the 160's ish which is something they are watching. He has a little bit of a temperature, so that may make his heart rate go up. They are trying to cool off the room some now. If that doesn't help, they'll draw blood cultures again. His Co2 creeps up above 50 sometimes when he starts to wake up (we want it below 50, means he's not working too hard to breath) because he fights the intubation tube. We will hopefully ween off the nitric oxide and get the oxygen down low tomorrow and extubate on Wed. Here's to progress.

8 comments:

  1. So glad it's good progress. We're thinking about him...
    By the by, I'm LOVING the armpit chub in this picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby boy is so beautiful Michelle! So great to hear from you and especially exciting to hear of the progress. A little thanksgiving in October is in order ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is just too precious!! I am so glad to hear that things are progressing!! I will continue to pray for you guys!!!

    Angie
    (Roger's Aunt)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear Gabe is making progress! Thanks for the updates! The kids and I have been checking the blog every day for news on the "little cousin"! Hope you and Justin are doing well also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is good to hear. I've been thinking about him. We are just praying he starts to heal quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great progress. WTG, Gabe!
    Just to let you know... Micah still has mild to moderate mitral valve regurg, but it is not expected to affect him (barring the lifetime Rx for enalapril).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Michelle! I have been "watching" Gabe's progress on the blog everyday. He is a strong little fighter. I haven't come over to visit because I don't want to transfer over my PICU germs!! But, please know if you need anything AT ALL let me know.
    Praying and thinking about you,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news. That is great. So good to hear that he is doing well. The fact that he got his chest tubes and pacing wires out shows that he is doing pretty good. Way to go Gabe!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.