Wednesday, October 21, 2009

This is a no trach zone







Pulmonary came by today and talked about doing a joint scope with ENT on Friday. They mentioned doing another sleep study since Gabe's first study showed such significant apnea. He then mentioned that a trach is still not out of the picture. That was kind of a shock to me considering his oxygen saturations stay in the upper 90's to 100% on 1/8 liter of oxygen and he doesn't desat. We're going to talk to the Pulmonary attending again tomorrow to ask more questions about possiblities such as CPAP nasal prongs or mask. We'll know more after the scope and second sleep study. I was hoping to get out of here this weekend, but now it is definitely going to be next week....if he doesn't need a trach, or it could be longer...sigh.




In happier news, Gabe has been playful and acting more like himself all day. He's so cute and is cooing more and grasping rattles more....so fun. Here are some pics of Gabe playing on Daddy's lap.

4 comments:

  1. Are you sure the hospital won't let me visit? Because I so want to play with this kid. So glad he's acting more like himself. Still thinking non-trach thoughts.
    Michelle & Justin, way to make a cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that Gabe is doing well and playing. I am keeping you in my prayers that they can do a mask or cpap or something. Wysdom has had crazy apnea this week I believe. I am going to be trying to see and ENT and get some testing done. Hang in there and hope you are out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear Gabe is in good spirits, and you all too. I'm praying that sufficient plans can be made to address his apnea without calling for a trach. Oh gosh - he is so cute!!! Can't wait to see monkey pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should have Blaire and Rylann make you a "NO TRACH ZONE" sign! Praying that a trach is not needed; I know how much you want to get him home! He is looking so good in his pictures! Its great to see him so happy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.