Monday, October 19, 2009
yuck
Gabe has diarrhea.... bad diarrhea. He spiked a temp overnight Saturday and the diarrhea started Sunday morning and is still going on. They've sent stool cultures and put him on a broad antibiotic. Poor little guy is so fussy and uncomfortable. He started getting dehydrated last night and I asked about IV fluids. They kept saying they didn't want to load him with fluid and flood his lungs according to the fellow. Only thing is his heart is repaired, so this shouldn't happen anymore. I asked for them to round on him first this morning so I could ask the Attending directly to start IVF's. They gave him a bolus and his heart rate has come down some and he looks much more comfortable now. Poor little man. He needs to get out of the hospital to get away from all the germs. I swear if it's not one thing, it's another.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor poopy kid! Hope he starts feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteOhh. That's too bad. ugh. Yes there is a fine balance between fluid but they shouldn't let him get dehydrated. Hoping that you guys get out soon!!!!
ReplyDelete